Special Introductory workshops!
Intro to Rap!
A demo by CJ, followed by a short intro about Hip-Hop: the roots of it, where it came from, what it means etc… then a Q&A about the history and about me, then registrants could each give it a try (if they want, it’s not required!) and CZ will give notes, compliments and suggestions for improvements.
Contact email@example.com or 519-273-3011 for more information.
This new program provides non-competitive private assessment on single works submitted in a variety of categories, on an ongoing (year-round) basis. Artists can record a performance of their choice or scan/photograph a visual work of their choice, and submit it via a link for professional feedback.
There is no charge to opening an account on AuditionWare. Teachers, parents/guardians, or participants of legal age can just follow the 5 steps outlined in
How to Register for AuditionWare
Once you have your account, register for Coaching Creativity as outlined in
How to Register for Coaching Creativity
Entrants in these classes will receive critique and feedback only; no marks will be awarded; entries do not qualify for provincial festival
Performance submissions will be evaluated as:
- Gold = polished
- Silver = good but some adjustments suggested
- Bronze = “you’re on the right track, keep working”
Visual art submissions will be evaluated as:
(A critique is a strategy used to describe, analyze, and interpret works of art. Usually consists of four parts: Description, analysis, interpretation, judgement.)
Artist to provide the description; adjudicator to provide analysis, interpretation, judgment
- 1 attachment per entry:
For music, solo performance only until public health directives change(with accompaniment where applicable; live accompaniment only with a family member or someone who lives in your residence; otherwise, please use pre-recorded accompaniments)For visual art, one drawing or painting
- For all categories, material is participant’s choice
- Adjudicator feedback will be provided within 2 weeks
- For performance, memorization is optional but strongly encouraged
- Criteria for submitting repertoire:
- One recording or one work
- Performance must be recorded without cuts or editing as though it were live
FOR PERFORMANCE SUBMISSIONS:
Tips for recording your performance:
- Professional recordings are not required. Most smart phone recordings are adequate
- Record the performance so that it shows a good angle of the position of your face/profile, body and hands
- Use landscape mode (hold the screen horizontally)
- To get the best possible video quality, your device should be stationary and there must be sufficient lighting
- Shoot a test before making your final recording: play a few ff and pp notes to determine the best mic placement
- Your recordings will be large files. PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL RECORDINGS. Upload your recording to YouTube as an unlisted video and NOT FOR KIDS. A tutorial on this quick and easy process can be found here: Uploading to YouTube
Private YouTube links will not be accepted. We strongly suggest that you make sure the comments are turned off on your YouTube page
- After uploading, a private link will be created. The video is not public, and only those with the link can view the video. Copy and paste this link into the registration form at www.auditionware.com
- A digital copy of the sheet music must be provided for the adjudicator. This can be done by taking a photo of each page with a smartphone or using a scanner. If you have any trouble creating a digital copy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- When ready, register at www.auditionware.com with the YouTube video link/URL and digital sheet music.
FOR VISUAL ARTS SUBMISSIONS
- What to submit:
- 2D submissions: cropped, good quality at least 72Dpi, can be 1Mb or smaller.
- 3D submissions: two or three views of the piece
- The artist should provide:
- Age: adult, teen, 9-12, 5-8
- For Adults: rate your experience: beginner, intermediate, advanced
- Description of the Work:
- Title: (optional)
- Medium and dimensions
- A few words about the piece: e.g., your intent in creating it, your inspiration. Is it part of a series or just a single piece on this theme? Is it an experiment, something you have been thinking of for a while?
Junior $9 Per work (at level grades 1-5) Intermediate $12 Per work (at level grades 6-9) Senior $15 Per work (at level grade 10 and up)
- Fees may be paid by e-transfer to email@example.com
- Donations may be paid by e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org